Stop Smart Meters! BulletinVol. 24- November 2014StopSmartMeters.org
PO Box 682 Portola, CA 96122 United States
The following is from the EMF Safety Network, intervenors in California’s Phase 2 smart meter opt out proceeding:
- Give 37 million dollars to Investor Owned Utilities (PG&E, SCE, SDG&E and So Cal Gas) for providing the opt-out program.
- Adopt permanent fees for residential customers who “do not wish to have a wireless smart meter”.
- Continue the same interim fees of $75 initial fee, plus $10 a month, and $10 initial fee and $5 a month for low income.
- Local governments and multi-unit dwellings may not collectively opt out of smart meter installations.
- Charging an opt-out fee does not violate the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- They will not address health and safety impacts in this decision.
- Assess fees on a per location basis, for example if you have two or more meters on your property, that will be one fee, per utility company.
- If you have two utilities, they can both charge you fees.
- Peevey proposes putting a cap on the opt-out fees at 3 years.
- Both Peevey and Yip-Kikugawa refuse to consider a no fee option.
- November 20th 9:30am
View videos of public comments at CPUC Meeting here.
Olympic Peninsula in Washington Proposed for Navy Electromagnetic Warfare Training Ground- comment by
Stop Smart Meters! has released a new large and visible bumper sticker to add to the supplies available in our online store (they will also fit on the top tube of your bike!). You can pick up a 10-pack for a special discounted price of $8.95 including shipping- why not get a pack and share stickers with your friends? Click here to browse the outreach materials available in our online store.
If you support what we do, please donate to Stop Smart Meters! today. Your donation goes directly to expand our advocacy and support of local groups. If you don't have enough money to donate, how about volunteering? Donate here or make checks payable to: Stop Smart Meters! and send to: PO Box 682 Portola, CA 96122 — THANK YOU