Friday, February 22, 2019
LOS ANGELES—Your smart TV is watching you. And making money off you as well.
That’s why the prices of TVs have fallen so dramatically over the last five years.
A mix of lower LCD prices, more intense competition and new ways to profit off the consumer once the set enters our homes have turned the boob tube into something more like a razor. And we, the viewers, are the razor blades.
Bill Baxter, the Chief Technology Officer for TV set giant Vizio, referred to it as the "post-purchase monetization"of the TV on a recent podcast interview with the Verge.
Translated, that means that more ads are coming at you via prominent branded movie and TV channels on smart TVs. These channels share ad revenues with set manufacturers like Vizio, Samsung, LG, an avenue that didn't exist in the pre-streaming era. They also profit by selling data of your viewing histories to programmers and marketers.
The manufacturers have been tracking viewers on smart TVs for several years, but it wasn't until 2017 and beyond that more consumers started buying smart sets, which negate the need for a streaming device like a Roku or Fire Stick to bring in online entertainment from the likes of Netflix and Hulu.
Today, virtually all TVs sold today are smart TVs, says Steve Koenig of the Consumer Technology Association.
So what's new, and helping manufacturers make money off us once the TV enters our home, is the rise of ad-supported streaming channels that share ad revenues with the likes of Vizio, Samsung and LG, and get prominent positions on the smart TV dial.
—On Vizio TVs, the "Watch Free TV," channel on its smart TV sets is actually the same Pluto TV channel seen on streaming players, computers and mobile devices.
—Rival Xumo has a similar arrangement, called Channel Plus on LG sets.
—Tubi is on Samsung TVs and Xumo on Panasonic, Sanyo and Sharp sets.
—Streaming player maker Roku has its own arrangement with TCL, which sells Roku branded sets, where it offers the Roku Channel.
The Roku channel is similar to Xumo, Tubi and Pluto in offering ad-supported older movies and TV shows, for free, as an alternative to all those internet streaming channels that charge a monthly subscription.
Being on smart TVs is "great for us," says Pluto CEO Tom Ryan. "The hardware companies, in their quest for higher margins, are looking to content and services to get more revenue. We've got it."
TVs have historically been a cutthroat, low-margin business, hence all those Black Friday deals of large-screen sets going out the door for $300 to $400. We found a 43-inch TCL Smart TV with 4K resolution at Target this month for $250.
The wholesale price for an average 50-inch set has fallen to $335, from $589 in 2013, according to the CTA.
Once "smart TVs" began to become popular, manufacturers saw a new opportunity in treating the set as a "glass window" to our viewing habits and reporting them to marketers for a fee, in a process called Automatic Content Recognition or ACR.
In 2017, Vizio settled with the Federal Trade Commission and New Jersey's attorney general office for $2.2 million, when it was charged with collecting data without the consent of users.
Now, Vizio, which continues to collect data, has users opt-in. "Unless you turn off ACR collection in the Settings menu, we may share viewing data with data partners, including analytics companies, media companies and advertisers," Vizio tells viewers in the settings menu.
The manufacturers say what they're doing is no different from what Nielsen has done for years. They monitor your viewing to determine the hits and they say they do it anonymously. (Of course, with Nielsen, the process of signing up and participating is a great deal more obvious and visible.)
As Inscape Data Services, the wholly-owned subsidiary of TV set manufacturer Vizio says on its website that it collects data without "personally identifiable information (PII)," to identify "what show is being watched and what IP address the device is connected to."
Justin Brookman, the director of privacy and tech policy for nonprofit consumer advocacy organization Consumer Reports, doesn't buy it.
"There's no such thing as anonymous tracking," he says. "They have ways...to tie them to your TV."
If "I Spy TV" sounds creepy, well, how about those other tech devices in your home?
"This pales in comparison," says Jodie McAfee, a senior vice-president of Inscape, which collects data from over 10 million Vizio smart TVs. "What a TV is generating on data is not nearly as granular. It just knows what shows I’m watching and whether the ad is being viewed."
Compare that to a smartphone, which tracks your every move in the house, both physically and on the device. It knows what websites you've been to, who you called and texted with, what products you purchased, and if you turned on Facebook or signed into Google, your age, demographic, salary and more.
Unlike other devices, smart TVs haven't been affected by the Trump administration's trade war with China, where most of the sets are made, says Steve Koenig of the CTA.
"Car audio has been hit, but smart home products haven't been," he says. "We believe tariffs are a tax on products, and don’t want to see them in any form."
Meanwhile, back in the living room, McAfee insists that ACR tracking can help consumers by finding better recommendations. "It improves the viewing experience," he says.
And if you don't want your viewing tracked, viewers can go to the menu settings and turn off ACR (which is supposed to be off by default anyway.) Or, they can go a few steps further and turn the Wi-Fi off on the set altogether.
5G Is The “Stupidest Idea In The History of The World”- Washington State Biochemistry/Medical Science Prof
- The Facts:Martin L. Pall, PhD and Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences at Washington State University outlines in a new report the many health risks associated with 5G technology and wireless radiation in general.
- Reflect On:
- 5G is gaining attention, and it might make us a little fearful of the effects, but we must observe this fear and bring things back to awareness of the issue so we can make better choices, but not be fearful. Check out our CE Protocol for this.
We are in the midst of a 5G wireless technology rollout, and politicians have yet to address safety concerns.I recently used Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeauas an example, but it’s happening worldwide. It’s one of many examples that illustrates how large corporations completely control politics. I also recently wroteabout Robert F. Kennedy explaining how this came to be, and how they’ve been able to completely compromise government, big media, and our federal regulatory agencies that are supposed to be protecting and informing us.
In the video, he uses Big Pharma as an example, as they provide the most money to congress; even more so than big oil and gas. In that article I also outline multiple examples of fraud so readers can get a clearer picture of what’s going on and see some actual evidence of it.
It’s clear that we are not being protected, and politicians are simply abiding to the the will of their masters, the big corporations, who in turn act as slaves to their ‘financial overlords,’ the big banks. We continue to see products and services being approved and implemented without ever going through any safety testing. This is a big problem, and one of the main reasons why we could be seeing a drastic rise in multiple diseases and ailments, especially when it comes to neuropsychiatric disorders. A study titled “Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression” published in the Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy outlines this quite clearly, and it’s only one of thousands of peer-reviewed studies raising multiple concerns in regards to this type of technology.
Is there really any concern for the well being of humanity within these institutions? If not, why do we continue to support them? Is it because we’re under the illusion that there is actual concern? And why do we continue to take power away from ourselves by electing corrupt politicians?
Anyways, in this article, I’d like to draw your attention to Dr. Martin L. Pall, PhD and Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences at Washington State University. Taken from his report titled “5G: Great risk for EU, U.S. and International Health! Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Great Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field(EMF) Exposures and the Mechanism that Causes Them,” he states that:
“Putting in tens of millions of 5G antennae without a single biological test of safety has got to be about the stupidest idea anyone has had in the history of the world.”
That report goes through a lot of science, which only adds to all of the science that’s already available regarding the harmful effects of 5G technology.If you’re looking for more information, I often point people toward the Environmental Health Trust because it’s a great resource that gives you access to more science.
This is not new information. For years, numerous studies have been published proving the health concerns regarding 5G technology and hundreds of scientists have petitioned the United Nations about them. These initiatives started as a result of the work done by Dr. Marin Blank from Columbia University’s Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics.
According to him, with regards to wireless radiation in general:
“We have created something that is harming us, and it is getting out of control. Before Edison’s light bulb there was very little electromagnetic radiation in our environment. The levels today are very many times higher than natural background levels, and are growing rapidly because of all the new devices that emit this radiation. Putting it bluntly they are damaging the living cells in our bodies and killing many of us prematurely.”
Again, it’s unbelievable that these technologies are being rolled out without any safety testing done. How is this even allowedto happen? The thing is, if there was safety testing done, there would likely be no changes made anyways, and these corporations would be allowed to rollout and utilize these technologies
Seeing how this article is about the work of Dr. Pall, below is a lecture that goes into detail about his research and why we should be concerned with 5G technology.
It’s alarming that some people have been made to believe that this is “pseudoscience.” Not only is this surprising, but it’s also very concerning.
During the “Health in Buildings Roundtable” sponsored by the NIH and co-organized by the US CDC and several other organizations, Dr. Martin Pall from Washington State University (WSU) concluded that the “5G rollout is absolutely insane.” In this short presentation, Dr. Pall confirmed that the current 2G/3G/4G radiation the population is exposed to has been scientifically linked to: lowered fertility, insomnia, fatigue, depression, anxiety, major changes in brain structure in animals, cellular DNA damage, oxidative stress, hormonal disruption, cancer, and much more. Dr. Pall briefly explained the mechanisms of how the electro-smog emitted by our cell phones, wifi routers, cell phone antennas, and other wireless technologies affect human cells.
We’ve written about this topic in depth, and below are some recent articles we’ve published that go into more detail if you’re looking for more information.
On a side note, a lot of this information can spark a fearful reaction, and that’s normal. It could elicit the same fearful reaction you may have to other humanitarian issues including the massive amounts of pesticides being sprayed in our environment and on our food, the rising deforestation rates, and several other aspects of the human experience that need to be changed. As important as it is to not react with fear and panic, it’s even more important not to completely ignore these things and think everything will magically be okay.
Earth has become engulfed with this mess as a result of our ignorance, as a result of us ignoring important scientific findings such as these. If we continue along this path, disease rates will continue to rise. Awareness is key, and simply being informed about this issue is a huge step in the right direction.
So, what can you do? You could purchase some EMF protective clothing and bedding, or you could even paint your home with EMF protective paint. You can unplug your computer when not in use, turn off your cell phone, and unplug all your electronic devices before you go to sleep. You could have a wired internet connection, which is actually much faster than any wireless connection. You can live a healthy lifestyle, and you can use mind-body healing techniques to help you.
I write a lot about parapsychology, and it’s quite clear that our minds can have a significant impact on our biology. I know it sounds a little ‘new agey,’ but the truth is, if you don’t believe you are being harmed, odds are that the impact on your biology will be significantly different than someone who is fearful and stressed out about health concerns. Consciousness is huge, and it is one of the biggest factors in regards to preventative measures.
You can learn more about this balance through our CE Protocol.
Motorola 5G Phone Limits Radiation Exposure — Maybe Because Big Telecom Can’t Prove 5G is Safe and Insurance Won’t Cover Their Products
By B.N. Frank
I can’t be the only one thinking that this new 5G Motorola phone with shutoff sensors to protect you from excessive 5G radiation exposure sounds a whole lot like Big Tobacco’s introduction of the light cigarette. After all:
- The Telecom Industry has TESTIFIED that they can’t prove 5G IS NOT harmful.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is being investigated for collusion regarding federal 5G legislation that eliminated local control over unsafe 5G technology installation.
- There’s plenty of research that ALREADY PROVES that all sourcesof cell phone and wireless WiFi radiation – and especially 5G– are harmful.
- Insurance companies don’t do business with Big Telecom anymore – it’s too risky.
From The Verge:
Last August, Motorola announced what might still wind up being the world’s first true 5G phone — the Verizon-exclusive Moto Z3 with an optional 5G Moto Mod. It’s a snap-on module that the company promised would give you an insanely fast 5Gbps cellular connection, faster than most landlines these days.Anyone who is familiar with symptoms associated with 5G exposure would probably suggest Motorola provide a head-to-toe 5G shielding suit with their new phone instead of measly shutoff sensors.
Well, the 5G Moto Mod just crossed the FCC today, and it came with a surprise in tow — a document that has more details about how it’ll work than I thought the company would ever publicly reveal.
the 5G Moto Mod will feature proximity sensors that shut off any of its four millimeter wave 5G antennas if your fingers get too close.
Via A Tsiang
Neurological disease and disorders have been increasing at alarming rates. Anxiety, ADHD, depression and autism have been increasing at alarming rates in children, adolescents, and young adults. Please see the statistics below, as well as over 10 studies that show the effect of Wi-Fi and cell phones on anxiety, depression, neurodegeneration
, memory and/or learning in children and animal studies.
The vast majority of people have not heard about the health effects of chronic wireless radiation exposure, despite the $30 million US government NTP study published in November 2018 showing a clear association between cell phone radiation and cancer https://www.niehs.nih.
gov/health/materials/cell_ phone_radiofrequency_ radiation_studies_508.pdf. Every day I see people storing cell phones in their pants pockets and bras, holding cell phones against their heads, and giving cell phones to their babies and children to use like teething rings and pacifying toys. Please share the information below.
- According to a study in 2010, five to eight times as many high school and college students meet the criteria for diagnosis of major depression and/or anxiety disorder compared to 50 years ago. This increased psychopathology is NOT the result of changed diagnostic criteria https://www.
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/ freedom-learn/201001/the- decline-play-and-rise-in- childrens-mental-disorders
- ADHD has increased 53% in the US over the last decade per the CDC. For ages 14 to 17, 19 % of boys and 10% of girls now have ADHD.
- In May 2013, CDC reported in “Mental Health Surveillance Among Children—United States, 2005–2011,” the following: “A total of 13%–20% of children living in the United States experience a mental disorder in a given year, and surveillance during 1994–2011 has shown the prevalence of these conditions to be increasing.”
- October 2013: The NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) reported 25-30% of kids between ages 13-18 will experience an anxiety disorder. This is an increase of 20 fold (i.e. 1900%) over the last 30 years http://health.usnews.com/
health-news/health-wellness/ articles/2013/10/10/how-to- cope-when-school-anxiety- lingers
- November 2013: Time Magazine reports that the rate of reported anxiety disorders among U.S. troops jumped 327% between 2000 and 2012. http://swampland.time.com/
- September 2007: The number of American children and adolescents treated for bipolar disorder increased 40-fold from 1994 to 2003 (only a 10-year period) The senior author of the study, Dr. Mark Olfson of the New York State Psychiatric Institute at the Columbia University Medical Center, said, “I have been studying trends in mental health services for some time, and this finding really stands out as one of the most striking increases in this short a time.” The increase makes bipolar disorder more common among children than clinical depression, the authors said. http://www.nytimes.com/
- October 2010: Autism has increased 600% in prevalence over the last two decades. http://autisminnb.
blogspot.com/2012/07/burden- of-proof-iacc-director-insels. html In 2014, CDC estimated 1 in 68 children are autistic http://www.usatoday.com/ story/news/nation/2014/03/27/ autism-rates-rise/6957815/
- August 2015: Washington Post reports people are developing dementia a decade earlier compared to 20 years ago (2010 vs. 1990) The disease is now regularly diagnosed in people in their late 40s and death rates from early onset dementia are soaring. The study found that deaths caused by neurological disease had risen significantly in adults aged 55 to 74 and more than doubled in the over-75 population overall. The problem was particularly acute in the United States, where neurological deaths in men aged over 75 have nearly tripled and in women increased more than fivefold. “The rate of increase in such a short time suggested a silent or even a hidden epidemic, in which environmental factors must play a major part, not just aging.” The environmental factors cited included chemical pollution and increased background electromagnetic fields (which includes wireless radiation) https://www.
washingtonpost.com/world/ people-are-developing- dementia-earlier-and-dying-of- it-more-a-study-shows/2015/08/ 06/599b16b8-3c0a-11e5-8e98- 115a3cf7d7ae_story.html?wprss= rss_world .
- Feb. 24, 2016: the American Brain Tumor Association has found that brain cancer is the highest cause of cancer deaths in ages 15-39 and the most common cancer among 15-19 year olds. There's also been an increase in Malignant Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors in American children. For ages 0-14 between 2000-2010, it has increased annually 0.6%/yr. In ages 15-19, between 2000-2008, it has increased annually 1.0%/yr. (Read details of the study here http://neuro-oncology.
oxfordjournals.org/content/18/ suppl_1/i1.full.pdf+html?sid= fe341f7a-b6c5-4ac2-ae9f- 6c2d4f54cc08
- In 2011, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that antidepressant use in the United States has increased nearly 400 percent in the last two decades, making antidepressants the most frequently used class of medications by Americans ages 18-44 years. http://www.salon.com/2013/08/
26/how_our_society_breeds_ anxiety_depression_and_ dysfunction_partner/
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------------------------
Anxiety, ADHD, depression, and other neurological problems, including autism, have been found to be effects of chronic exposure to RF radiation.
Anxiety and OCD is an effect of diminished blood flow to brain, as shown in this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
Below are 10+ studies showing effect of Wi-Fi and cell phones on anxiety, depression, neurodegeneration, memory and/or learning,.
1) Anxiety and OCD is an effect of diminished blood flow to brain https://www.ncbi.nlm.
Cell phone radiation can cause diminished blood flow in the brain, as shown in Aalto et al. "Mobile phone affects cerebral blood flow in humans". J Cereb Blood Flow Metab
2006;26(7):885–90 Full text http://journals.sagepub.
Belpomme's study (p. 260) says that diminished blood flow to the brain (hypoperfusion) is a biomarker for EHS http://ehs-mcs.org/
Heuser's study found that 7 out of 10 people with EHS had diminished blood flow to the brain https://www.afm-sicem.
fr/images/images/Reviews%20on% 20Environmental%20Health% 20Functional%20brain%20MRI% 20in%20patients%20complaining% 20of% 20electrohypersensitivity% 20after%20long%20term% 20exposure%20to% 20electromagnetic%20fields.pdf
In a study of 469 healthy elementary and junior high school students, statistically significant higher prevalence of self-reported symptoms such asheadache (P=0.009, table 1), myalgia (P=0.0002, table 2 ), palpitation (P=0.0001, table 2), fatigue (P=9×10-8, table 2), attention problems (P=0.0002, table 3) and nervousness (P=9×10-8, table 3) was found in students who had used mobile phones compared to those never used these phones. Furthermore, a statistically significant association was found between the time mobile phones were used in talk mode and the number of headaches per month (P=0.035), number of vertigo per month (P=0.036), number of sleeping problem per month (P=0.002), or even the site of headache (P=0)
Full Text https://www.researchgate.
net/publication/215654709_The_ Pattern_of_Mobile_Phone_Use_ and_Prevalence_of_Self- Reported_Symptoms_in_ Elementary_and_Junior_High_ School_Students_in_Shiraz_Iran
3) Pall, M. “Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression” Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy 75 (2016) 43–51
“Soviet and Western literature shows that much of the impact of non-thermal microwave exposures in experimental animals occurs in the brain and peripheral nervous system... These may be generated through roles of VGCC activation, producing excessive neurotransmitter/
neuroendocrine release as well as oxidative/nitrosative stress and other responses… Excessive VGCC activity has been shown to have roles in producing neuropsychiatric changes in humans. Two U.S. government reports from the 1970s to 1980s provide evidence for many neuropsychiatric effects of non-thermal microwave EMFs, based on occupational exposure studies. 18 more recent epidemiological studies, provide substantial evidence that microwave EMFs … can each produce similar patterns of neuropsychiatric effects…Among the more commonly reported changes are sleep disturbance/insomnia, headache, depression… fatigue/tiredness… concentration/attention dysfunction, memory changes, dizziness, irritability, loss of appetite... restlessness/anxiety, nausea, skin burning/tingling/dermographism and EEG changes. In summary, then, the mechanism of action of microwave EMFs, the role of the VGCCs in the brain, the impact of non-thermal EMFs on the brain, extensive epidemiological studies performed over the past 50 years, and five criteria testing for causality, all collectively show that various non-thermal microwave EMF exposures produce diverse neuropsychiatric effects.”
Full Text https://www.researchgate.
net/publication/281261829_ Microwave_frequency_ electromagnetic_fields_EMFs_ produce_widespread_ neuropsychiatric_effects_ including_depression
Another similar review paper by Pall in 2018, focusing only on health effects and neuropsychiatric effects from Wi-Fi, "Wi-Fi is an Important Threat to Human Health" Environmental Research Volume 164, July 2018, Pages 405-416 https://www.
4) Buchner and Eger, 2011. A study done on a German town (Rimbach) of 60 people before (Jan/Feb 2004) and after (thru July 2005) a cell tower installation showed statistically significant effects on neurotransmitters at peak cell phone signal exposure levels of 60-100 uW/m2. Noradrenaline and adrenaline INCREASED, while dopamine and PEA DECREASED. Noradrenaline and adrenaline going up signify increased stress levels (or increased anxiety), and dopamine going down decreases ability to concentrate, and decreased PEA is implicated in ADD as low PEA appears in a large proportion of ADD (Ritalin, a chemical similar to PEA, is used in ADD treatment).
Study also says that children and chronically ill are more vulnerable to effects of wireless radiation, and that exposure to other wireless signals such as Wi-Fi amplifies the effects of the cell phone radiation on noradrenaline, adrenaline in children and the chronically ill (people with allergies)
Study showed that "long-term exposure of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi may lead to adverse effects such as neurodegenerative diseases originated from the alteration of some miRNA expression. Results were statistically significant. Long Term exposure [24 hours a day for 1 year] to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radiation can alter expression of some of the miRNAs such as miR-106b-5p (adj p * _ 0.010) and miR-107 (adj p * _ 0.005). We observed that mir 107 expression is 3.3 times and miR-106b-5p expression is 3.65 times lower in the exposure group than in the control group. "
Full Text https://www.researchgate.
net/publication/273637962_ Effects_of_24_GHz_ radiofrequency_radiation_ emitted_from_Wi-Fi_equipment_ on_microRNA_expression_in_ brain_tissue
Rats (age 30 days, 120 ¡ 5 g) were exposed to 900 MHz radio waves (cell phone) at an average SAR of 0.99 W/kg by means of a mobile hand set for 4 hours per day for 15 days. [Cell phones sold in the US are not to exceed a SAR of 1.6W/kg] "A significant change in behavior, i.e., more anxiety and poor learning was shown by test animals as compared to controls and sham group. A significant change in level of antioxidant enzymes and nonenzymatic antioxidants, and increase in lipid peroxidation were observed in test rats. Histological examination showed neurodegenerative cells in hippocampal sub regions and cerebral cortex. Discussion: Thus our findings indicate extensive neurodegeneration on exposure to radio waves. Increased production of reactive oxygen species due to exhaustion of enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants and increased lipid peroxidation are indicating extensive neurodegeneration in selective areas of CA1, CA3, DG, and cerebral cortex. This extensive neuronal damage results in alterations in behavior related to memory and learning."
"A neuronal damage of the kind described here may not have immediate demonstrable consequences, but in the long run it may result in reduced brain reserve capacity that might be unveiled by other late neuronal diseases. We cannot exclude the possibility that after some decades of daily (often) use, a whole generation of users may suffer from the negative effects, perhaps as early as in middle age."
Full Text https://www.researchgate.
net/publication/273950390_ effect_of_mobile_phone_ radiation_on_structure_and_ functions_of_the_brain
7) Varghese, Rini, et al. “Rats exposed to 2.45 GHz of non-ionizing radiation exhibit behavioral changes with increased brain expression of apoptotic caspase 3.” (2017).
Rats were exposed to 2.45 GHz Wi-Fi for 4 h/day for 45 days at 7.88W/m2 (=788uW/cm2) [FCC limit is 1000uW/cm2 for 30 minutes, so exposure within US limits]
“The exposed rats elicited memory decline and anxiety behavior. Exposure decreased activities of super oxide dismutase, catalase and reduced glutathione levels whereas increased levels of brain lipid peroxidation was encountered in the radiation exposed rats, showing compromised anti-oxidant defense. reduction in number of dendritic branching and intersections which corresponds to alteration in dendritic structure of neurons, affecting neuronal signaling. The study clearly indicates that exposure of rats to microwave radiation of 2.45 GHz leads to detrimental changes in brain leading to lowering of learning and memory and expression of anxiety behavior in rats along with fall in brain antioxidant enzyme systems.”
8) Zhang, Jet al, 2017. Effects of 1.8 GHz Radiofrequency Fields on the Emotional Behavior and Spatial Memory of Adolescent Mice. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2017, 14, 1344; doi:10.3390/ijerph14111344
4 week exposure to 1.8GHz at 2.2 W/kg in mice increased anxiety-like behavior in rats. GABA levels decreased significantly after RF exposure.
9) Kim, Ju Hwan, et al. “Long-term exposure to 835 MHz RF-EMF induces hyperactivity, autophagy and demyelination in the cortical neurons of mice.” Scientific Reports, vol. 7, no. 41129, 2017.
Study found that RF-EMF exposure led to myelin sheath damage and hyperactivity-like behaviour in mice exposed to 835 MHz RF-EMF at a specific absorption rate (SAR) of 4.0 W/kg for 5 hours/day during 12 weeks. Demyelination was induced in cortical neurons following prolonged RF-EMF exposure and suggests a potential cause of neurological or neurobehavioural disorders.
10) Redmayne M, Johansson O. Could myelin damage from radiofrequency electromagnetic field exposure help explain the functional impairment electrohypersensitivity? A review of the evidence.Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, vol. 17, no. 5, 2014, pp. 247-58.
Review of the evidence for an association between myelin integrity and exposure to low-intensity radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMFs)
“Overall, evidence from in vivo and in vitro and epidemiological studies suggests an association between RF-EMF exposure and either myelin deterioration or a direct impact on neuronal conduction, which may account for many electrohypersensitivity symptoms. The most vulnerable are likely to be those in utero through to at least mid-teen years, as well as ill and elderly individuals.”
11) Sage, C. and Burgio, E. (2017), Electromagnetic Fields, Pulsed Radiofrequency Radiation, and Epigenetics: How Wireless Technologies May Affect Childhood Development. Child Dev. doi:10.1111/cdev.12824
“New epigenetic studies are proﬁled in this review to account for some neurodevelopmental and neurobehavioral changes due to exposure to wireless technologies. Symptoms of retarded memory, learning, cognition, attention, and behavioral problems have been reported in numerous studies and are similarly manifested in autism and attention deﬁcit hyperactivity disorders, as a result of EMF and RFR exposures where both epigenetic drivers and genetic (DNA) damage are likely contributors. Technology beneﬁts can be realized by adopting wired devices for education to avoid health risk and promote academic achievement.”
12) Ezz et al, The effect of pulsed electromagnetic radiation from mobile phone on the levels of monoamine neurotransmitters in four different areas of rat brain. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences. 2013; 17: 1782-1788
Adult rats were exposed daily to EMR (frequency 1800 MHz, specific absorption rate 0.843 W/kg, power density 0.02 mW/cm2, modulated at 217 Hz) and sacrificed after 1, 2 and 4 months of daily EMR exposure as well as after stopping EMR for 1 month (after 4 months of daily EMR exposure). RESULTS: The exposure to EMR resulted in significant changes in DA, NE and 5-HT [serotonin] in the four selected areas of adult rat brain.
CONCLUSIONS: The exposure of adult rats to EMR may cause disturbances in monoamine neurotransmitters and this may underlie many of the adverse effects reported after EMR including memory, learning, and stress.
13) A 2016 study found altered brain structure in college students who were addicted to mobile phone use. Decreased brain grey matter volume and abnormal white matter integrity were found via functional magnetic resonance images (fMRI). https://www.frontiersin.org/
To read more scientific research on effects of wireless radiation on the brain https://ehtrust.org/
brain-development-cell-phones- wireless-scientific-research- neurotoxic-effects-wireless- radiation/