Toronto schools will get mental health training
Four-year strategy will be announced today by the TDSB
- All school staff will receive professional development and training on mental health issues.
- All schools in the district will have mental-health well-being teams consisting of teachers, students and community members in order to foster support.
- By June 2014, there will be a 50 per cent increase in the number of secondary schools engaged in anti-stigma initiatives.
- More support will be given to students and teachers
- There will be an ongoing and enhanced form of communication between parents/guardians and the school.