DTE & Consumers Energy Smart Meters
Harm the Environment
Collect Data You Might Prefer Be Kept Private
Will Raise Your Electric Rates
Very importantly, DTE’s opt-out meter will not protect your health! Click here to learn about the dirty electricity that both smart meters and digital meters generate. Learn what to do about it, by clicking here and here. Consumers Energy is currently allowing residential customers to keep their current meter. However, it is unlikely that this will continue. Click here to learn more.
Who We Are
The Smart Meter Education Network is a non-partisan group dedicated to
- educating citizens, legislators and activists about
- the health and environmental impacts of smart and digital meters
- the privacy, hacking and other concerns relating to such technology
- ensuring that customers have the right to have an analog meter on their home or business
- supporting meaningful legislation that will address these concerns
- taking legal and community action to preserve health, privacy, and the environment
- promoting safe alternatives to smart meters and AMI technology
All of these actions require money and volunteer effort. Please donate!! Your health is worth it. Call or email us to volunteer. See our What You Can Do page for more information on actions you can take.