Bias in the assessment of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
An unbalanced expert group
NGO demands and suggestions
- An investigation by the European Ombudsman of the appointment and composition of the SCENIHR EMF steering and working groups, including questions of pluralism, transparency, corporate influence, NGO participation, and the integration of suggestions from the public consultation.
- An annulment of the SCENIHR report on EMF health risks.
- The appointment of a new balanced, transparent and contradictory expert group without conflicts of interest by an unbiased steering group.
- A new balanced and independent assessment.
- The establishment of a permanent stakeholder committee at DG SANCO, where NGO viewpoints can be truly pronounced and considered in the decision process on EMF policy, legislation, research and expert assessment.