Brain implant could restore MEMORIES in wounded soldiers and Alzheimer's sufferers - but is it ethical?
- The brain implant plans were first unveiled in February by U.S researchers
- They are being developed by Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Project was set up to restore memories in people with brain damage
- This includes wounded soldiers plus Alzheimer's and dementia patients
- Exact details are still being developed but it would build on memory studies carried out on monkeys and rats
- But critics have said manipulating memories is ethically wrong
HOW COULD THE IMPLANTS WORK?
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2617705/Brain-implant-restore-MEMORIES-wounded-soldiers-Alzheimers-sufferers-ethical.html#ixzz31qRa3m5Z
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook