THORNER: SAY NO! SMART METERS VIOLATE OUR BASIC RIGHTS
- Customers who refuse to have smart meters installed will be charged $21.53 a month.
- If customers make the decision to refuse a (smart) meter now and incur monthly charges associated with this choice, it should be with full knowledge that this refusal is simply deferring the inevitable.
- Post signs on your analog meter and on your front door: ATTENTION: DO NOT INSTALL SMART METER
- If at home and an installer arrives, firmly tell him/her that you do not want a smart meter and instruct him/her to leave your property.
- Alert your neighborhood if you see an installer in your area.
- Call ComEd's deployment department at 866-368-8326, telling them you do not consent to having your analog meter replaced by a Smart Meter, nor will you pay the refusal fee of $21.53 per month.
- Follow up with a certified letter to Mr. Tom Przytulski, Commonwealth Edison, 3 Lincoln Center, Oak Brook Terrace, Illinois 60181, and copy your city manager or mayor.
- Call your state and Federal Representatives to protest ComEd's installation of Smart Meters.