How Cell Phones Affect A Child's Brain
The bone marrow of a child’s head absorbs 10 times more radiation than that of an adult
"These warnings have increased consumer safety and furthered the consumer’s right to know about the products purchased."
"A five-year-old’s brain, healthy or otherwise, is encased in a thinner skull and contains more fluid than an adult brain."
NATO-supported founding chairman of the Biophysics Department at Gazi University in Ankara, Turkey, whose controlled studies show that prenatally exposed rats and rabbits have fewer brain cells—and those that survive sustain more damage to their brains, livers, reproductive systems and eyes. Recent reports from Yale University’s chief of obstetrics and gynecology, Hugh Taylor, found that prenatal exposure significantly increased hyperactive behavior in offspring and altered brain chemistry. Other research carried out by renowned National Institute of Drug Abuse Director Nora Volkow, MD, PhD, finds that just 50 minutes of exposure to cell phone radiation in adult males directly alters the production of glucose— the brain’s main fuel. Experimental work completed by American, Australian, Greek, and Turkish teams working with experts in male reproductive health has reported that cell phone-radiation-exposed human sperm die three times faster, swim significantly more poorly, become more deformed, and develop significantly more damage to sperm DNA.
When It Comes To Using Electronic Devices, Remember:
• Don’t hold a cell phone directly up to your head. Use a headset or speakerphone to talk on the phone, or a nonmetal case that has been independently tested to reduce radiation up to 90 percent.
• Pregnant women should keep cell phones away from their abdomens, and men who wish to become fathers should never keep activated phones in their pockets.
• Don’t allow children to play with or use your cell phone. Older children should use a headset or speakerphone when talking on a cell phone.
• Do not text and drive, and use specially adapted antennas for cars to avoid absorbing maximum power as the phone moves from one cell system to another.
• Turn off your wireless router at night to minimize exposure to radiation.
• Eat green vegetables and get a good night’s sleep in a dark room to enhance natural repair of DNA that may have been damaged by cell phone use.