We defeated the proposal to further erode local zoning in California. The stakes are even higher now! Spread the word!
The FCC is voting on whether to move forward with 5G, an extremely dangerous technology. Read Chairman Wheelers comments about the Spectrum Frontiers Proceeding (https://www.fcc.gov/document/
We will need as many people as possible from the U.S. and around the world, including experts, to contact the FCC by . They vote on the proposal on .
Please take a moment to contact the FCC Commissioners BEFORE their vote on July 14 in opposition to the rollout of 5G. A template letter is below, please take a moment personalize it briefly with your experience to give it greater impact.
Tom Wheeler, Chairman Tom.Wheeler@fcc.gov
Mignon Clyburn, Commissioner Mignon.Clyburn@
Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner Jessica.
Ajit Pai, Commissioner Ajit.Pai@fcc.gov
Michael O'Rielly, Commissioner Mike.O'Rielly@
Please send a copy of your letter to your U.S. Representative and Senators and the relevant committees (listed below).
Ultimately, it is Congress that decided to give sole responsibility for wireless promotion and safety to an industry dominated agency. It is essential that they hear from you. Only they can give authority for health back to the EPA, which has tried in the past to protect the public. Congress defunded EPA and removed its authority to protect the public from wireless radiation to stop it (http://www.stopglobalwifi.
Contact your Congressional Delegation (2 Senators and 1 Representative) Look them up and find their phone and FAX numbers at: http://www.senate.gov/
Call the White House - 202-456-1111. Ask President Obama to halt the rollout of 5G in light of the safety hazards.
President Obama can also be emailed using the form at http://www.whitehouse.gov/
Congressional Committees - ask for oversight hearings on dangers of societal saturation with radiation from wireless technology:
U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions - (202)-224-5375
U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, & Transportation - Majority: 202-224-1251, Minority:202-224-0411
U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources - (202) 224-4971
House Energy and Commerce Committee - (202) 225-2927
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Phone: (202) 225-5074
Dear FCC Commissioners,
Spectrum Frontiers Proceeding is being represented as an unqualified good, but it is not. It will do great harm to human health and the environment.
Please vote "no" to the Spectrum Frontiers Proceeding. There has been no NEPA review of the environmental and human health impacts of moving forward with 5G. The FCC has put the cart before the horse in promulgating rules for 5G without first studying the safety of 5G for humans and the environment. There is consensus within the scientific community that the existing FCC limits for wireless radiation do not protect the population from biological effects (www.EMFscientist.org)
The National Toxicology Program recently release results showing that radiofrequency radiation (RFR) can indeed both break DNA and cause cancer
Furthermore, the literature on RFR in the very high frequency bands required for 5G document DNA breakages, serious cellular resonance effects, and other detrimental metabolic effects (http://www.bioinitiative.org/
Non-industry funded studies have consistently found links between RFR and various negative biological effects (www.bioinitiative.org). They include serious neurological, cardiac, and metabolic effects, as well as DNA breakage which can lead to cancer and genetic defects (http://www.
Studies, including the National Toxicology Program studies, have shown wireless to be a dangerous technology and 5G, according to Chairman Wheeler's own comments, is an infrastructure intensive technology. So, invest in safe, wired infrastructure instead of spending a lot of money to saturate entire communities with hazardous radiation. The "cool" factor is not worth the peril.
Please see "Wireless Technology Violates Human Rights" (http://www.
Don't vote to unleash a dangerous environmental pollutant on your friends, family, and, indeed, the whole country. Vote to protect your family, friends, and the country - vote "no" on Spectrum Frontiers. Be on the right side of history.
- Report of Partial Findings from the National Toxicology Program Carcinogenesis Studies of Cell Phone Radiofrequency Radiation in Hsd: Sprague Dawley® SD rats (Whole Body Exposures) bioRxiv preprint first posted online May. 26, 2016 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/
- Tumor Promotion by Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields Below Exposure Limits for Humans (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- The BioInitiative Reports (www.bioinitiative.org)
- Biological Effects from RF Radiation at Low-Intensity Exposure, based on the BioInitiative 2012 Report, and the Implications for Smart Meters and Smart Appliances (http://emfsafetynetwork.org/
wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ Biological-Effects-From-RF- Radiation-and-Implications- for-Smart-Meters-June-5-2013- 2.pdf)
- “Provocation study using heart rate variability shows microwave radiation from 2.4 GHz cordless phone affects autonomic nervous system” (http://www.magdahavas.com/
wordpress/wp-content/uploads/ 2010/10/Havas-HRV-Ramazzini1. pdf) and replicated (http:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ pubmed/23675629#)
- “Oxidative mechanisms of biological activity of low-intensity radiofrequency radiation” (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- "Impacts of radio-frequency electromagnetic field (RF-EMF) from cell phone towers and wireless devices on biosystem and ecosystem – a review" (http://www.
biolmedonline.com/Articles/ Vol4_4_2012/Vol4_4_202-216_BM- 8.pdf)
- “Report on Possible Impacts of Communication Towers on Wildlife Including Birds and Bees” (http://www.moef.nic.in/
downloads/public-information/ final_mobile_towers_report.pdf )
- “CRITICISM OF THE HEALTH ASSESSMENT IN THE ICNIRP GUIDELINES FOR RADIOFREQUENCY AND MICROWAVE RADIATION (100 kHz - 300 GHz)” (www.electricalpollution.com/
- “Swedish review strengthens grounds for concluding that radiation from cellular and cordless phones is a probable human carcinogen”(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- “Prenatal and Postnatal Exposure to Cell Phone Use and Behavioral Problems in Children” (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- “Apparent decreases in Swedish public health indicators after 1997—Are they due to improved diagnostics or to environmental factors?,” Hallberg and Johansson (http://www.
pathophysiologyjournal.com/ article/S0928-4680(09)00002-9/ abstract)
- “The Influence of Being Physically Near to a Cell Phone Transmission Mast on the Incidence of Cancer” (http://emrstop.org/index.php?
- “Changes of Clinically Important Neurotransmitters under the Influence of Modulated RF Fields- A Long-term Study under Real-life Conditions” (http://www.radiationresearch.
org/images/RRT_articles/ Buchner%20Eger%20Rimbach% 20Study%202011%20ENG%20FINAL% 20Revised%2029%20July%202011. pdf)
- “How does long term exposure to base stations and mobile phones affect human hormone profiles?,” Eskander et al. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/
- “Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression.” (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.