by K.T. Weaver, for Take Back Your Power
The Year in Review
- Major US Utility: “No Rational Basis” for Smart Meters
- Nine Reasons Why Today’s Smart Meter Systems Are a [Big] Mistake
- The Smart Meter Canard
- Comprehensive report: How smart meters invade privacy
- Utilities Can Monitor Home Occupancy Using Smart Meters
- Ralph Nader: “Smart meters a step toward technological despotism”
- When Smart Meters Get Hacked: The Nightmare Scenario
- Smart Meters Can Be Hacked to Order a Power Blackout
- When Will the Smart Meter Insanity End?
- Smart meter fire risk, liability is undeniable and unprecedented
- Fatal fire in Nevada, smart meter suspected: “Be very aware, very vigilant” says Fire Chief
- SaskPower CEO resigns following investigation into smart meter “catastrophe”
- Analog Meters Withstand “Hot Sockets” Better Than Smart Meters
- Dutch case study: “smart” meter privacy invasions are unjustifiable in a democratic society
- Arizona Smart Meters Not Established as Safe
- Published Article: Symptom Development from Exposure to Wireless Smart Meters
Cracks in the Industry Narrative
- Only 30,000 customers log in each month to Smart Meter Texas to obtain consumption information. That’s less than ½ of one percent.
- Only 60,000 customers have ever logged in to Smart Meter Texas, or less than 1% (Smart Meter Texas, 2013).