Sunday, May 13, 2012

Your Rights against smart meters etc.


Your Rights against smart meters etc.

 
Because EHS is recognized as a medical illness and is supported by the Canadian Human Rights Commission ( http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/pdf/legal_sensitivity_en.pdf ), I decided to make inquires.
 
First I called the Ontario Human Rights Legal Support Cente at 1-866-625-5179.  I spoke to a representative who told me that I can enter a claim on grounds that I do have a recognized disability (even though compensation isn’t paid for it).  She also said that the Electrical Utility Company has a responsibility to provide good service and facilities to the consumers and they are in violation of the human rights code if members of my family are sick due to the wireless smart meter.  She also said hydro has to accommodate us because of our disability, which could mean the removal of the smart meter.
 
She also said that this process takes a while because the application could go to mediation before it goes to the tribunal for hearing but you can ask to have your application expedited, especially if you have a letter from your doctor and have other underlying health issues that could be adversely affected by the microwave radiation.
 
To get an application you can call 1-866-598-0322 and ask for the “application package” along with form 1, and form 1-C.
 
Judi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment